top of page
What is PETRINEX?
PetRINEx is specially formulated with novel GRAS ingredients free from harsh chemicals to degrade tough ground-in dirt, messes and odors left behind by pets and to remove tough pet stains like urine, vomit, and feces from rugs and carpets.
Petrinex is Free from IPA or Isopropyl Alcohol
Free from Solvents Turpines (orange, pine, and mint oils will react on plastic and rubber, causing damage to your carpets, fabrics and flooring and are highly flammable and toxic.)
How does PETRINEX work?
Cocktail of specific Biological Enzymes eliminate odors by metabolizing (eating) the odorous material. Enzymes speed up the natural chemical processes which organic substances, like urine, go through when they biodegrade. The enzymes contained in pet urine cleaners include Amylases, Cellulases, Proteases, Lipases, Galactosidases, Xylanases and ureases. These enzymes break down the urine into harmless substances like carbon dioxide and water
• Pairing agents eliminate odors by bonding to the odor molecule. Thereby altering the shape of the odorous molecule so the olfactory senses no longer recognize the odor.
• Gas Adsorbents like Extract of Yucca Siddhagere, Activated Carbon, Activated HSAS
• Oxygen releasing compounds perform Molecular cleaving by oxidation and chemically change and break apart the odorous molecule and combine with it to form different substances which does not stain and which does not emit odour. They also release Oxygen to kill Anaerobic pathogens and promote growth of beneficial Aerobic microbes. They also release Oxygen into the environment and thus dilute the volume of Smell
• Odor modification is based on the Zwaardemaker Conjugates theory where two different odors will cancel each other out. In odor control, fragrances are formulated that cancel out the most common odors encountered such as urine, feces, and mold.
• Emulsifiers: Acid based products designed to dissolve urine salts and neutralize ammonia and suspend the contamination so it can be rinsed away.
• Odor-neutralizing aromatic compounds provide a pleasant fragrance that mutes the malodor so as to make it more tolerable.
Where can Petrinex be used?
• Also works on stains like red wine, grape juice, and greasy food.
• Combines the cleaning and deodorizing power of natural oxygen
• Eliminates odors and stains.
• No strong or potentially offensive strong fragrances left behind
• Penetrates better for optimum cleaning and stain removal.
How to use PETRINEX?
Remove any excess poop, urine, etc. by blotting with absorbent paper towels.
Dilution Ratios: Take 1000 ml of hot water of about 60 degrees (Should not be Boiled) in a bucket and add 50g PetRINEx
1. This product is safe and effective on all synthetic carpets. Not recommended for wool carpet. Do not use on silk.
2. Always test in an inconspicuous area for colorfastness.
3. Take 1000 ml of hot water of about 60 degrees (Should not be Boiled) in a bucket and add 50g PetRINEx . Stir product for 30 to 60 seconds. Product should be mixed at the location it is used.
4. Consider pulling back contaminated carpet and disposal of cushion. If needed, seal the subfloor with pigmented shellac.
5. Saturate carpet with the above mixed PetRINEx solution.
6. Allow 60 minutes dwell time.
7. Extract solution from carpet preferably using Spot Lifter or Water Claw.
8. Check carpet for odor and repeat steps 5-7 if needed.
9. Install new cushion if necessary
10. Always dispose of any unused mixed solution as effectiveness deteriorates rapidly.
11. Repeat the procedure if any stain remains after above procedure.
It’s always best to keep to children and pets away from treated areas. Since PetRINEx needs to be left on the carpet for an extended period of time, we recommend covering spots with plastic after application.
Do NOT clean the organic stain with detergent or solvent based cleaner (i.e. Carpet cleaner, bleach, alcohol, pine cleaner, most other pet-odor cleaning products, etc). Other cleaning solutions will destroy the effectiveness of the contents in PetRINEx.
If other cleaning products have been used: Rinse the area thoroughly with plain water until all cleaning product residue is removed BEFORE applying PetRINEx.
Laundry: Apply to stain until wet. Let soak for AT LEAST 60 minutes, then launder as usual. For heavy duty stains, pre soak for a longer period of time in order to let enzymes work.
FOR BETTER RESULTS
Get the stain matter as thin as possible prior to treating it with PetRINEx. You can do this by removing as much from the surface as possible, and by extracting most of the matter out with an upright or portable carpet cleaner.
Blot up as much of the spot as possible by pressing firmly with clean, white paper or cloth towels, working from the outside of the spot inward to avoid spreading. Then follow procedures given above.
Feces or Vomit
Scrape up any excess working from the outside of the spot inward to avoid spreading. Then follow procedures given above.
Although old urine stains cannot be removed from the carpet unless they are cut out, stains that have appeared within a couple of hours can often be cleaned with good success. Older urine stains often require replacement of the part and pad in the affected areas and can also necessitate cleaning the subfloor with a disinfectant.
Enzyme-based cleaners work great on organic stains, like pet accidents or food, and are designed to provide thorough cleaning. They work exceptionally well when covered with a moist towel and allowed plenty of time (12-72 hours) to work.
bottom of page